Career Start US Accounting and Reporting Group
Start your career in a thrilling field where the audit focus is on some of the biggest multinational companies in the world and top KPMG Global accounts, become a recognized audit expert and expand your professional network. We will support you with time, expertise and financially as you become a Swiss Certified Accountant.
Start date: Upon agreement
Start date: Upon agreement
Responsibilities & Profile
As an Assistant in the US Accounting and Reporting Group (USARG-Audit), you will be involved in various projects including:
- Audits of consolidated and annual financial statements under international accounting principles (IFRS, US GAAP)
- Integrated audits of multinational companies or Swiss subsidiaries of foreign based companies including reporting to group auditors
- Support the team in business transactions, such as mergers or capital market transactions (comfort letters, agreed-upon procedures and reviews of registration statements)
- Financial statement conversions
- You will become a Swiss Certified Accountant and develop your own personal capabilities in direct contact with clients
- Additionally to the training to Swiss CPA license, you profit from additional internal and external trainings covering various accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business Administration (university/university of applied science) ideally with a Major in Accounting & Finance
- Knowledge in accounting and high interest in accounting issues; first internships in auditing or controlling are a plus
- Willing to receive additional education in order to acquire Swiss CPA license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Able to deliver high quality services under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated team player, curious, proactive and with a positive attitude
- Very good analytical skills
Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
A position in the US Accounting and Reporting Group (USARG-Audit) will allow you to work in a multicultural environment in the heart of Western Europe. You will communicate with your clients and the international team in English. Furthermore, you will be able to gain valuable experience in technical accounting and auditing areas in a dynamic international setting. If you are eager to broaden your experience and improve your skill set and resume, we can offer you opportunities to realize your full potential.
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.