Consultant/Senior Consultant Deal Advisory – Financial Services
You and your team of high-performers advise our international clients in strategic merger and acquisition projects. From day one, delivering our Deal Advisory services requires you to take full ownership of fast-paced, intellectually challenging work. In turn, we teach you how to comprehensively analyze a business, present your findings to key decision makers and manage a challenging deal from start to finish.
Start date: Upon agreement
Start date: Upon agreement
Responsibilities & Profile
- Collaborate with colleagues from different service lines to deliver critical insights for strategic investment decisions to our clients
- Obtain, compile and analyze financial, commercial and operational data of target companies for key deal metrics such as sustainable revenues, adjusted net assets and future cash flows
- Present quantitative analysis in a concise manner, accompanied by qualitative commentary in a polished client report
- Present the deal rationale, prepare valuations and discuss pricing and negotiation tactics with your clients' management teams
- Take on project management tasks, such as interacting with internal stakeholders (tax, legal and other consultants) and the client working on the same deal
- Complete your fully-funded, further education by becoming a certified accounting or finance professional
- Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Banking and Finance, or Economics (University or University of Applied Sciences), ideally with a specialization in accounting or corporate finance
- Adequate accounting and corporate finance knowledge, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ideally up to three years first practical experience in Financial Accounting, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Audit or Controlling in the Financial Services industry
- Written and oral proficiency in German and English. Knowledge of French or Italian is a plus.
- You surprise us with exceptional achievement in business, private endeavors and/or academics. We intend to hire intelligent, diligent and resilient team players with diverse skill-sets
Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
We are a dynamic and international team in the high performing M&A sector for financial services institutions. In our team of 12, you will work directly together with very senior M&A professionals, who have worked on hundreds of deals across all segments of the financial services industry. You will receive support to complete further education and have the possibility to get insights into various countries and service lines by working with them.
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.