Senior Assistant - US Accounting and Reporting Group USARG
Responsibilities & Profile
Your contribution to KPMG
- Conduct integrated audits of multinational companies or Swiss subsidiaries of U.S. companies including reporting to KPMG U.S. and other group auditors
- Audit spin-offs, disposals, opening balance sheets and acquired businesses in connection with various business combinations
- Support other transaction based projects that require US GAAP and SEC reporting expertise (comfort letters, agreed-upon procedures and reviews of registration statements)
- Process financial statement conversions to US GAAP
- Deliver accounting advisory and SOX advisory services to non-audit clients
- Coach Swiss-based audit teams on technical US accounting, auditing and reporting requirements
- Conduct internal and external SOX, US GAAP and US GAAS training
This is what makes you successful
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, US GAAS/PCAOB and SEC requirements and US audit methodology
- Minimum 2-3 years of recent integrated (SOX and US GAAP/PCAOB) audit experience either with KPMG or another Big 4 firm
- Preferably CPA accounting degree
- Proficiency in researching accounting and auditing issues
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to deliver high quality services under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, curious and proactive team player with a positive attitude
- Proficient English skills
Meet the team: Audit Corporates
Your advantages at KPMG
Empowered to lead
Responsibility from day one. That’s how we empower tomorrow’s business leaders at KPMG. You value your independence – and so do we. We cultivate an environment where you can unfold your potential.
Your personal skillset
From digital learning to external programs, personal development comes in many shapes and forms at KPMG. Share our passion for learning and cultivate future and digital skills that will last a lifetime. Even better: benefit from our contribution to the cost of qualifying in your field.
Inspired to innovate
As part of KPMG, you join other highly qualified and motivated professionals in an inspiring entrepreneurial environment. A clear mindset and strong opinions are not only encouraged at KPMG, but expected. When it comes to ideas, quality beats hierarchy.
KPMG thrives – and depends – on agility and change. Help shape the next generation of business with your open mindset and entrepreneurial spirit. We constantly create room for your ideas to unfold.
Choose your path
KPMG career paths are as diverse as our people. Thrive in our culture of collaboration, mentoring and mobility opportunities. As your interests and skills evolve, personal development talks guide you to the next level.
You expect fair compensation and certified equal pay. At KPMG, that’s what you get. Our inclusive culture makes space for unconventional ideas and new ways of working. New mothers and fathers benefit from our generous packages.
Build your KPMG career on a solid foundation. All new joiners attend our Welcome Day and benefit from tailored onboarding by dedicated colleagues as well as networking opportunities from day one.
High performance people need a top IT infrastructure and excellent mobility - and not just at work. We pay for your cell phone package and a half fare rail card, and let you borrow our company cars and bikes.
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
Your salary in this position will be in line with industry standards and will depend on your professional experience and education. During the recruitment process we will negotiate your salary with you according to our guidelines. Any salary ranges published on external platforms for this position have not been agreed with KPMG and do not apply.
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
Cyrielle KhosroviHuman Resources
058 249 26 57
© 2021 KPMG AG is a subsidiary of KPMG Holding AG, which is a member of the KPMG network of independent firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss legal entity. All rights reserved.