Senior Consultant - Assurance & Accounting Financial Services
Start date: January 2020
Start date: January 2020
Responsibilities & Profile
Your contribution to KPMG
- Run financial statement audits by applying KPMG's audit and accounting practices/methodologies
- Run regulatory audit at banks, as well as securities dealers, fund companies, asset manager and insurance supervised by FINMA, by applying KPMG's regulatory audit methodology
- Work on a range of audit assignments, coordinating and taking responsibility for planning, execution and completion
- Research and resolve technical queries
- Work on ad-hoc assignments and advisory projects
- Review and supervise work of junior auditors
- Communicate and present reports to management on issues identified during the audit
- Report directly to firm partners, directors and managers, working towards the achievement of individual and firm goals and targets
This is what makes you successful
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting and /or Financial Audit
- Qualified Chartered Accountant cursus will be offered
- At least 2 years' experience in Financial Services Audit department within a Big 4 or another major Audit company
- Knowledge of Bank accounting principles
- Knowledge of Swiss regulatory environment for the banking sector (FINMA circulars, AML, Basel III), as well as for the CISA industry
- Fluent in English and French (oral and written is a must)
- Excellent communication and team work skills, strong attention to details
- Dedication to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism
- Proactive, stress-resilient, flexible and willing to travel
Your advantages at KPMG
Empowered to lead
Responsibility from day one. That’s how we empower tomorrow’s business leaders at KPMG. You value your independence – and so do we. We cultivate an environment where you can unfold your potential.
Your personal skillset
From digital learning to external programs, personal development comes in many shapes and forms at KPMG. Share our passion for learning and cultivate future and digital skills that will last a lifetime. Even better: benefit from our contribution to the cost of qualifying in your field.
Inspired to innovate
As part of KPMG, you join other highly qualified and motivated professionals in an inspiring entrepreneurial environment. A clear mindset and strong opinions are not only encouraged at KPMG, but expected. When it comes to ideas, quality beats hierarchy.
KPMG thrives – and depends – on agility and change. Help shape the next generation of business with your open mindset and entrepreneurial spirit. We constantly create room for your ideas to unfold.
Choose your path
KPMG career paths are as diverse as our people. Thrive in our culture of collaboration, mentoring and mobility opportunities. As your interests and skills evolve, personal development talks guide you to the next level.
You expect fair compensation and certified equal pay. At KPMG, that’s what you get. Our inclusive culture makes space for unconventional ideas and new ways of working. New mothers and fathers benefit from our generous packages.
Connections that count
With our culture of collaboration, you'll automatically develop valuable and lasting links to colleagues and clients. Strengthen crucial connections further at in-house and external networking and social events.
Substance and style
Value variety in your working day and thrive at KPMG. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate to deliver real results - across borders, sectors and service lines.
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
Your salary in this position will be in line with industry standards and will depend on your professional experience and education. During the recruitment process we will negotiate your salary with you according to our guidelines. Any salary ranges published on external platforms for this position have not been agreed with KPMG and do not apply.
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
Specifically in Geneva, we have around 80 professionals, which are focusing on delivering services to financial institutions. We offer you an attractive business environment and working atmosphere, support your training and continuing education and foster your career and personal development.
Alycia Couvreu De DeckersbergHuman Resources
+41 58 249 42 97
C# Software Developer with passion for Software ArchitectureCorporate Center, Tax · Zurich
Consultant - Deal Advisory - Mergers & AcquisitionsAdvisory · Zurich
© 2020 KPMG AG is a subsidiary of KPMG Holding AG, which is a member of the KPMG network of independent firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss legal entity. All rights reserved.