Senior Consultant – Indirect Tax
Responsibilities & Profile
Your contribution to KPMG
- Assistance with the supervision and management of local compliance mandates and smaller Indirect Tax advisory mandates (national and international) independently, taking ownership and responsibility for the high quality of the work and deliverables
- Assistance in the provision of complex advisory Indirect Tax advisory projects (both nationally and internationally)
- Assistance with VAT audits of clients (locally and internationally)
- Maintenance of up-to-date knowledge of the market, industry and Indirect Tax trends and developments. Identification of possible services offerings and solutions for clients and targets
- Assistance in the preparation and delivering of presentations, workshops and trainings on national and international Indirect Tax topics
- Assistance with other ad-hoc assignments and internal team activities as required
This is what makes you successful
- University degree in Law and/or Economics, completed with a qualification in tax or advanced training in Tax, in particular, in national and/or international VAT
- At least 3 years of previous experience in the field of Indirect Tax consulting gained in a Big 4 company
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, sales and negotiation skills
- Curiosity, eager to learn and fast-learner
- Efficiency, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Client and results oriented
- Reliable and attentive to details, independence and team spirit
Clarity on KPMG Switzerland
Your advantages at KPMG
Empowered to lead
Responsibility from day one. That’s how we empower tomorrow’s business leaders at KPMG. You value your independence – and so do we. We cultivate an environment where you can unfold your potential.
Your personal skillset
From digital learning to external programs, personal development comes in many shapes and forms at KPMG. Share our passion for learning and cultivate future and digital skills that will last a lifetime. Even better: benefit from our contribution to the cost of qualifying in your field.
Inspired to innovate
As part of KPMG, you join other highly qualified and motivated professionals in an inspiring entrepreneurial environment. A clear mindset and strong opinions are not only encouraged at KPMG, but expected. When it comes to ideas, quality beats hierarchy.
KPMG thrives – and depends – on agility and change. Help shape the next generation of business with your open mindset and entrepreneurial spirit. We constantly create room for your ideas to unfold.
Choose your path
KPMG career paths are as diverse as our people. Thrive in our culture of collaboration, mentoring and mobility opportunities. As your interests and skills evolve, personal development talks guide you to the next level.
You expect fair compensation and certified equal pay. At KPMG, that’s what you get. Our inclusive culture makes space for unconventional ideas and new ways of working. New mothers and fathers benefit from our generous packages.
Substance and style
Value variety in your working day and thrive at KPMG. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate to deliver real results - across borders, sectors and service lines.
Work your way
We empower you to work your way for the best possible balance. Benefit from a range of flexible working models including flex office arrangements and part-time contracts supported by modern and secure IT solutions.
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
Your salary in this position will be in line with industry standards and will depend on your professional experience and education. During the recruitment process we will negotiate your salary with you according to our guidelines. Any salary ranges published on external platforms for this position have not been agreed with KPMG and do not apply.
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
You work in a dynamic team of experts in Indirect Taxes.
Capucine FoesselHuman Resources
+41 58 249 46 71
Manager / Senior Manager - Financial Services - AuditFinancial Services · Geneva
Consultant or Senior Consultant – Valuation Financial ModellingAdvisory · Geneva
© 2020 KPMG AG is a subsidiary of KPMG Holding AG, which is a member of the KPMG network of independent firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss legal entity. All rights reserved.